Monday, November 1, 2010
My Favorite Slow Cooker!
Yes, I am devoting a post to my slow cooker. I love it! When we got married, 8 years ago, I received 2, a big one and a small one. I didn't like the smaller one because the stoneware wasn't removable, which made it a pain to clean. I didn't like the big one because it would get so hot on the outside, I was always getting burned. Then I saw this baby at Wal-Mart and I just had to have it! Lucky for me, my mom gave it to me for Christmas and I use at least 3 times a week, if not more.
Reasons I love this one:
~The outside does not get hot! It does get a bit warm, but will not burn you! A must with little kids who climb up on the counter and have to explore everything.
~Retractable cord. Love it! Makes storing it that much easier.
~Super light-weight!
~Locking Lid. Perfect for transporting meals.
~The insert it non-stick. Need I say more?
~It automatically sets to "Warm" when the time is up.
~Cooks everything perfectly. (My smaller one is HOT, so even on Low, I have to check it frequently so the food doesn't burn.)
~It's HUGE. Which is perfect for cooking large roasts or turkey breasts. I can lay about 4 chicken breasts on the bottom so I just put in frozen ones, instead of thawing them and they cook perfectly.
I ended up getting rid of both my older slow cookers when I received this one. I did buy a 3 quart one for smaller recipes, but its not anything close to how wonderful this one is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thanks for sharing....I think I just might have to put that on my christmas list!!! I need one that doesn't get hot on the outside too:)
ReplyDelete