These are my absolute favorite cookie, hands down, in the entire world. Seriously.
They make me happy. Soft and chewy and chocolaty,
rolled in powdered sugar.......MMM!
They do take some time and effort, but
it is so worth it!!
They make me happy. Soft and chewy and chocolaty,
rolled in powdered sugar.......MMM!
They do take some time and effort, but
it is so worth it!!
Cream together:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
3 1/3 cups sugar
4 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
3/4 cup cocoa
In a separate bowl combine:
4 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup chopped nuts (optional, I never put them in)
Add to wet ingredients alternately with 2/3 cup of milk. Dough will be sticky. Sometimes I stick it in the fridge for an hour. And depending on the weather, you might need to add another 1/4 cup of flour.
Roll into balls, drop into powdered sugar, roll around. Place on greased cookie sheet (or cookie sheet lined with parchment paper). Bake at 350 for 12-15 mins.
~Do not over bake these! They will turn out crunchy instead of soft and chewy. I find 12 minutes is about perfect, if I make them a little bigger, then 13 minutes is about right.
~ Using two small spoons is the best way, instead of using a cookie scooper. Or you could use your hands and get really messy!
~ I almost always half the recipe because it makes a TON of cookies.
* I saw these on another cooking blog and she added peppermint to it. YUM!
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
3 1/3 cups sugar
4 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
3/4 cup cocoa
In a separate bowl combine:
4 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup chopped nuts (optional, I never put them in)
Add to wet ingredients alternately with 2/3 cup of milk. Dough will be sticky. Sometimes I stick it in the fridge for an hour. And depending on the weather, you might need to add another 1/4 cup of flour.
Roll into balls, drop into powdered sugar, roll around. Place on greased cookie sheet (or cookie sheet lined with parchment paper). Bake at 350 for 12-15 mins.
~Do not over bake these! They will turn out crunchy instead of soft and chewy. I find 12 minutes is about perfect, if I make them a little bigger, then 13 minutes is about right.
~ Using two small spoons is the best way, instead of using a cookie scooper. Or you could use your hands and get really messy!
~ I almost always half the recipe because it makes a TON of cookies.
* I saw these on another cooking blog and she added peppermint to it. YUM!
I cant believe you posted it --- I thought it was a special secret :) Glad to have the recipe!
ReplyDelete