This recipe is from "The Essential Mormon Cookbook". Its really good and SUPER easy, which makes it even better. I like it in a loaf as well as mini muffins (for some reason the muffins seem to get eaten a lot faster around here... easy access maybe?).
Today as it was snowing and blowing I got bored cooped up in my house, so what better to do than bake to make your house smell good and feel cozy than the smell of pumpkin? :)
Pumpkin Bread
*Ingredients
1/2 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
3/4 cup chocolate chips (I kinda like semi sweet with this)
3/4 cup chopped pecans (optional.. I don't add these)
*Directions
Cream butter, sugar, and eggs. Add pumpkin, mix, and set aside. In another bowl sift dry ingredients. Gradually add dry ingredients to creamy mixture. Beat until blended. Add chocolate chips and pecans, if desired. Grease one loaf pan or four mini loaves (or mini muffin tin). Pour batter into pans. For one loaf bake at 350 for 1 hour or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. For mini loaves bake at 350 for about 35-40 min. Makes one loaf or four mini loaves. (
(Its been a long time since I made them into mini muffins so I don't remember how long they bake or how many it makes. So bake them on 350 for 10-15 min then check them. Use your judgment to tell when they are done then make a note- like I should have done!! )
Monday, November 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment