Monday, October 25, 2010

White Chicken Chili


2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
1 cup chopped onion
1 large red bell pepper, chopped, about 1 1/2 cups
4 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 can (15.25 oz) corn, drained
1 can (15 to 16 oz) great northern beans, drained and rinsed
2 jars 8 oz each green taco sauce, or 1 large 15 oz jar
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 tsp salt
Fresh cilantro, minced
Shredded cheese (I used Monterey Jack)

Spray 3-4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, mix all ingredients except cilantro. Cover; cook on low for 6-7 hours. Stir well and garnish with cilantro and cheese.

OR, you could serve this inside of tortillas, that's how Dallas likes it.

* I posted this last year, without a picture, but I made it on Sunday and remembered to take one so I had to repost it! Also, this time around, I just put 8 frozen chicken tenders in the bottom of the slow cooker, then mixed all the other ingredients in a bowl and poured it over the chicken. I checked it when there was about 30 mins left and the chicken was cooked all the way so I shredded it and then set the slow cooker to warm until we were ready to eat.

1 comment:

  1. We love that other white chili recipe.. I will be trying this! Along with your pumpkin cookies :)

    ReplyDelete