Friday, March 26, 2010

Healthy, almost fat free, Fries

A co-worker told me that her husband makes these all the time, and I had to try them. They are actually super good. I can never get baked fries to turn out crispy enough for us, and these did the trick! And one of the best parts is they are almost totally fat free!! The only oil you use is the pam (I use olive oil spray) for the pan. Yum! And its so simple its hardly even a recipe.

*Directions
Beat the white of one egg until frothy.
Toss sliced potato into egg white until evenly coated. (one egg white is enough for one med-large potato, or 2 small ones.)
I like to sprinkle on a variety of salts and seasonings before baking.

*Bake at 400 for about a half hour or until crispy. (the more potatoes, naturally the longer it takes.)

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot you told me about these so I'm glad you posted. The boys are going to love 'em!

    ReplyDelete