Saturday, December 12, 2009

Lemon & Garlic Chicken Pasta

This is one of my go-to recipes. I always have the stuff on hand, it's SUPER easy and tastes exceptional! The original recipe calls for shrimp in stead of chicken, but I always have chicken on hand and Kyle prefers it so we sub it for the shirimp. But either is tasty! I was going to take a picture last night when I made it but my camera was dead. Sad.
I don't measure... I will give you ingredients and a rough amount but feel free to alter to your liking :)

*Ingredients
Angel hair or Spaghetti Pasta
1-2 Chicken breasts
Olive oil
Salt & Pepper
2-3 Tbs Lemon Juice
1 tsp Minced Garlic (I buy in the jar)
1 tsp chopped fresh Parsley
1/4 cup grated Parmasean Cheese (you may want more... this stuff is good in this dish!)
1 tsp Butter (optional)

*Directions
Get your pasta boiling.. however much you need for howmany you are feeding, I just guess :)

Slice chicken into bitesize pieces salt and pepper them and put in a saute pan with enough olive oil to coat the pan. Add Lemon Juice and cook until chicken is done and browned on the outside.
Drain pasta and put back in the pan you cooked it in. Add chicken, chopped parsley, garlic, salt and pepper, and grated parmasean cheese. Toss together and if it's still a little dry (which it usually is) I like to add a little more lemon juice, some butter, a dash of olive oil and toss again. I used to cook the Garlic with the chicken but then it always ended up burning. I resorted to adding it after and it still tastes just as good!
The cheese melts and give this dish the perfect consistency! And the parsley makes it taste fresh! We absolutely love it. And the best part is... it doesn't get any easier than this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment