Sunday, November 22, 2009

Easy Pizza Crust

My sister gave this recipe one day when I was short on time. Okay, I took a nap and forgot to make the dough and I didn't have to wait for it to rise, but this one is pretty good!

Mix together:
1 TBS yeast
1 TBS oil
1 TBS honey
1 cup warm water

Add 3 cups of flour and mix well and knead. Roll out on lightly floured surface to fit pizza pan.
Makes one large pizza crust. Cover with toppings and bake!

Bake on greased cookie sheet 475 10-12 mins

I always forget to grease my pizza pan, but its non-stick :) And I use a little less than 3 cups, I find 3 is a bit too much, but if I forget, then I just sprinkle it with water as I knead and roll it out.
I also substitute 1 cup whole wheat flour. Oh, and I just use my Kitchen Aid to mix it up. We like our crust a little thinner so I roll it out as thin as I can, place it on the pizza pan, cut off the excess and then press it even thinner, removing the extra dough as I go. It still rises pretty good in the oven. And then I have enough dough to make another smaller pizza. Our favorite is BBQ chicken.

BBC Chicken Pizza
Cover dough/crust with fav BBQ sauce, sprinkle mozzarella cheese, top with diced grilled chicken, red onions, cilantro and a sprinkling of smoked gouda (or any smoked cheese, I think last time all I could find was a blend of smoked swiss and chedder). YUM!

Oh one more thing! Lately the boys have been wanting Hawiian, which is good, but kinda bland to me so I put seasoning on it. Mrs. Dash makes a really good seasoning for pizza. It's the Tomato, Basil, Garlic one, (red lid) and its really yummy on pizza!

Okay, I think I'm done rambling...

No comments:

Post a Comment