Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sweet & Sour Chicken

This takes a bit of time, but it is one of our favorites!

1 lb Chicken cut into strips or cubes
3 Gloves Garlic mashed
3 Slices of Ginger root (I actually use store bought ginger in a jar, then you dont get the big chuncks of ginger!)
Sliced Carrots
Green Pepper (I like to add red ones too)
1 can Pineapple Chucks

Mix A
1/2 tsp Salt
1 T Flour
1 Egg yolk
1 T Soy Sauce

Mix B
2 T Flour
5 T Corn Starch

Mix C
1/2 cup Water
1 T Corn Starch
3 T Vinegar (I use white)
1 T Soy Sauce
3 T Sugar
3 T Ketchup
1/2 cup Pineapple Juice

Directions
-Put each separate "Mix" into their own bowl.
-Dice chicken and put in Mix A, let set for 15 minutes (I usually slice my veggies during this time).
- Take chicken out of Mix A and Coat with Mix B then fry in a pan with 2 T of oil (or enough to coat the bottom of your pan. Once chicken is browned, and cooked through, remove from pan. And add garlic, ginger, peppers, carrots, and pinapple to the pan and let them soften a bit. Add chicken back in, and pur Mix C over top. Let it simmer for about 2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened to your preference.
*Put over cooked rice... ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. I love anything sweet and sour! Except for maybe that chicken I made last week.....it was okay, but I'm glad you posted this! I am definetely trying it!

    ReplyDelete