
This came out of my newest volume of FoodNetwork Magazine
Directions
Combine 1 1/2 pounds chopped peeled sweet potatoes
1 bunch scallions (cut into 2-inch pieces)
6 crushed garlic cloves
1 tablespoon fresh thyme in a bowl.
Drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss. Place on a sheet of foil and fold up. Grill over low heat until the potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
I made these tonight for dinner. They were really goood, I even put a little ketchup on mine and it kinda tasted like tinfoil dinner haha. (I used a sweet potato but it wasnt orange like the picture, I am begining to wonder if they really used yams and not sweet potatoes.) I am just now realizing that I forgot the Thyme in mine, oh well, they were still good :)
Oh and it doesn't tell you to do this, but I would stir, or toss them periodically while on the grill because the bottoms of ours got a little over done.
I saw this recipe in my magazine! I'm glad you tested it first, haha! If I only had a grill.....I guess I could do it in the oven, but things just taste better when they're grilled.
ReplyDelete