Thursday, July 9, 2009

Pineapple Chicken Curry

SORRY! The picture wouldnt load!

Ingredients
1 tablespoon oil
4 chicken brest halfs in small pieces
4 cups chicken broth
2 (14 ounce) cans unsweetened coconut milk
1 tablespoon curry powder (depending on the curry this could make it pretty spicy! Might try 2 teaspoons first and then add to. Although the kind I had I had to add more than I was supposed to because it was bland)
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 cup or so of red and green peppers
1 cup pineapple chunk
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
salt and pepper
Cooked Rice
*Garnish
chopped cilantro optional

Directions
1Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add chicken and brown.
2Add chicken broth, coconut milk, curry powder and brown sugar and bring to a simmer.
3Add peppers and simmer until chicken is just cooked through and are tender, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
4Remove from heat, and stir in pineapple.
5Mix in lime juice and add salt and pepper to taste.
6Place a scoop of rice in a bowl and spoon curry over the rice.
7Serve with chopped cilantro garnish if desired

* I also added some of the pinapple juice, along with a little bit of slurry (cornstarch and water) to thicken it a bit. It was a little bland the first time I made it. But I tweaked it a bit and it was really good! We had leftover sauce, so I put it in a container in the fridge and then the next night, just cooked some chicken, pepper and pineapple and headted it all up with the left over sauce.
It makes a TON! I halfed it the second time I made and still had some leftover sauce.
This sort of resembles the Curry from the Thai place we never got to go to....

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you posted this recipe! I wanted to try it when we were there, but I never got to so now I will have to make it!!! Sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete