I made these for dinner tonight, so yummy!!
Pumpkin Waffles
1 cup plus 2 TBS all purpose flour
2 TBS brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 TBS butter, melted
In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine eggs, milk, pumpkin, and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Bake in waffle iron until golden brown.
Nutmeg Syrup *This makes a ton! Definetely half it.*
1 cup sugar
2 TBS all purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 cups cold water
2 TBS butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and water until smooth. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 mins until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla. (I stored the extra in the fridge, we'll see how it reheats...) *Oh, and I didn't have nutmeg, so I just added a dash of cloves and allspice.
Just add some bacon or sausage, and voila! A yummy breakfast or dinner. I love breakfast for dinner! The boys will always eat it and they definetely loved these!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yup! Those look delish! I only wish I had a can of pumpkin to make them for halloween! :(
ReplyDelete