Monday, October 5, 2009

Simple Fudge

Now that it has *SNOWED* I guess the only good thing about it is cozy food, and Christmas candy :) So I will try to keep my spirits up, even though it's Freezing outside, by posting a yummy fudge recipe I found on Kelsey Nixon's food blog (Yes the Kelsey Nixon who was on The Next Food Network Challenge, and Yes I found her blog! haha). I love this girl, she was even on a commercial for food storage after conference haha.
I have yet to try this fudge... but it looks Yummy! AND I bet you could substitute the milk chocolate chips for WHITE chocolate, or any other kind of "chip" would be good too. Although I like white chocolate best!
As Kelsey Says , it's "a basic fudge recipe that could act as a blank canvas making it perfect to customize to your liking. Robby would like nuts while I think I would enjoy just a hint of orange zest or crushed peppermint. Stick this one in the holiday file folks."




Servings: 32 bite size servings

INGREDIENTS
1 lb. quality chocolate, chopped
1/2 stick unsalted butter
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp. salt

DIRECTIONS
Line bottom of an 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper or wax paperHeat all ingredients in a metal bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.Pour into baking pan and chill, uncovered, until firm, about 3-4 hours. Run a knife around edges of pan and invert fudge onto a work surface. Remove parchment and cut fudge into bite size pieces. Serve chilled.

Sounds easy enough for me! :) YAY!

1 comment: