This is absolutely delicious with yogurt and fresh fruit (raspberries, strawberries, even peaches). I have had it almost every day for breakfast. I have eated 2 batches ALL BY MYSELF!
Mix and set aside
- 4 cups oats
- 1 cup sunflower seeds (can add other nuts or leave out entirely)
- 1 cup wheat germ
- ½ cup wheat bran or blend up All Bran)
- 1/3 cup powdered milk
- ½ t salt
- 3 t cinnamon
Over medium heat, mix until sugar dissolves and boil for 2 minutes*.
- ¾ cup oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
1. Poor the mixture over the dry ingredients and place in a 9 x 13 pan.
2. Cook at 300 degrees for 15 minutes. Stir and cook an additional 15 minutes. Feel free to add raisins and dried banana chips after the first 10 minutes
*if you want crunchier granola in larger clumps boil the sugar mixture longer.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That does sound good with raspberries! Yum, I bet Dallas will love this too.
ReplyDelete