Monday, May 3, 2010

Southwestern Pizza


My pictures just aren't the best, oh well

1 package pizza crust (2 crusts inside)
1 cup jarred tomato salsa
1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
1 1/3 cups black beans, drained and rinsed
1 small sweet red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
2 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro

Heat oven to 450. Coat a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place crusts on baking sheet. Spread each with salsa, cheese, beans, red pepper, and scallions. Top each with 2 TBSP cheese. Bake at 450 in lower third of oven for 13-15 mins until cheese is melted. Garnish with cilantro.

Now here is the way I did it, haha!

I used this recipe for the crust: Easy Pizza Crust. This time around, I poked with a fork all over (I have no idea why?!) and popped it in the oven at 450 and let it bake for a few minutes while I prepped my other ingredients.
I didn't measure anything, just put some salsa, cheese, and beans on (I didn't use all the beans, that would have been way too much). All I had on hand were mini peppers so I used a red one and a yellow one. I only baked it for about 8 minutes I think. We loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment