Monday, May 17, 2010

EASY Peasy Muffins

This is a pretty crappy picture... but I guess its all you get. :)
This recipe was in my Taste of Home Magazine. It was meant to make blueberry muffins with plain ol pancake mix (bisquick or something) and fresh blueberries. I on the other hand had the tasty Raspberry Sour Cream Pancake mix from Prepared Pantry in my cupboard and NO fresh blueberries so I opted to use the above pancake mix and give it a try. YUM. They turned out good. Although I may use a little less pancake mix than it calls for (or add a little extra water) becuase the original recipe calls for fresh blueberries which add a little moisture, which I lacked becuase I didnt use fresh fruit so they could have been a little more moist. ALSO the recipe says to add muffin liners and bake at 400 degrees for 14-16 min. I chose to use mini muffin tins without muffin liners so I bumped down the temperature to 350 and only baked them for 10-12 min. I also added a glaze, just for fun. Anywho - heres the recipe. Give it a try! Its SUPER GOOD and just as fast.

*Ingredients
2 1/2 C. Pancake Mix
1/2 C. Sugar
1 Egg
2/3 C. Water
1/4 C. Canola Oil
1 1/2 C. Fresh or Frozen Blueberries (if frozen dont thaw, or they will turn the batter blue).

*Directions
Whisk egg, water and oil. Then stiry in sifted try ingredients just until moistened. Fold in fruit.
Regular sized muffins (with muffin liners) Bake 400 for 14-16 min
Mini Muffins Bake 350 for 10-12 min.

If you want to put a glaze on... I just mixed milk, vanilla and powdered sugar to make a thin frosting and put on after the muffins cooled a bit. Nothing too exciting, but it sure was good :)

2 comments:

  1. kaeli! i don't know how i found this blog of yours, but i wanted to say hi! do you have a family blog? i would love to see it! i have a private blog, so shoot me an email and i will add you. {if you wanna see it...}
    hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morgan! I dont know how to find your email address to email you! Im retarted. If you get back on here send me an email to kaeliastevens@hotmail.com and ill add you to my family blog and then you can add me to yours :) Im happy you found me!

    ReplyDelete