Pictureless again!
3-4 pound boneless pork loin roast
1 1/2 cups Coke or Dr. Pepper
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 cup taco sauce (I use medium)
Place pork in crockpot and add just a little bit of water. Cook on low for 6 hours. Remove pork to cutting board. Drain water and clean out any fat in crockpot. Mix Coke, brown sugar and taco sauce in crockpot. Shred pork, add to sauce, cook on low for another 2 hours. *If my roast is more on the 4 pound side, I do 2 cups sugar and coke and an extra squeeze of taco sauce.
Green Sauce
1 small can diced green chilies
1 TBS sugar
1 small can of green enchilada sauce
Puree chilies with sugar. In small pot, combine with enchilada sauce. Heat through.
Easy Pico de Gallo
Chopped tomatoes
Chopped green onions
Chopped cilantro
Splash of lime juice
Sprinkle of salt
This all depends on personal taste. I go easy on the onions and heavy on the cilantro.
1 box of Zatarains Black Beans and Rice, cooked according to directions on back.
You have to use the uncooked tortillas from Costco for this, they are the best! Spread some beans and rice on tortilla, drizzle with green sauce, add some pork, sprinkle on a little bit of cheese, roll up, pour on more green sauce and top with fresh pico.
All of the other copy cat Cafe Rio recipes I found called for making all the burritos, then baking them, but I didn't see a point in doing that. This makes a ton. We eat leftovers for like 3 days. Yum!
*Update* The last time I made this, I froze half of it. I pulled it out of the freezer, it had been like 2 months, thawed it in the fridge and then just let it simmer on the stove for a little while. I did add an extra squeeze of taco sauce and a tablespoon of brown sugar and it still tasted yummy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment