Thursday, February 25, 2010

Stir-Fried Asparagus


  • 4 Servings
  • Prep/Total Time: 20 min.

Ingredients

  • 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 3 tablespoons chicken broth
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon soy sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted

Directions:

In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry asparagus in butter and oil for 2 minutes. Stir in the broth, lemon juice, soy sauce and pepper. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until asparagus is tender. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings

* I absolutely love asparagus, it is one of my favorites. I love hollandaise (?) sauce on it, but Dall doesn't really care for that, so I make this one instead.

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I love asparagus but have a hard time finding new ways to cook it. This will be yummy!

    ReplyDelete