Monday, June 13, 2011

Jan's Fluffy Mashed Potatoes

I love these! They go perfect with anything. I usually make these and Jan's BBQ chicken when I have to take dinner to someone. I use two square foil pans, one for whoever and one for us and bake for about 15-20 minutes.

6 large potatoes
1 8 oz package of cream cheese
1 cup grated medium cheddar cheese, plus a little extra to go on top
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 egg
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper (I do more)

Peel and cut potatoes, boil until fork tender. Mash slightly. Add rest of ingredients and with a hand held mixer, beat until fluffy. (Takes a few minutes) Put in baking dish that has been greased with butter, top with more cheese if desired. Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Can be made ahead of time, just refrigerate until time to bake and bake about 10-15 minutes longer.

1 comment:

  1. Ive wanted this recipe. ALthough its pry in that cookbook I have but didnt know it.

    ReplyDelete