Mmm, the best sauce ever!
Brown a few chicken breasts; set aside.
Saute in 2 TBSP of butter:
1/2 c celery, finely chopped
1/2 c onions, finely chopped
Then add:
2 TBSP vinegar
2 TBSP brown sugar
2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
1/4 c lemon juice
1 cup ketchup
1 cup water
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp salt
Bring to a simmer then pour over browned chicken breasts. Cook on low, covered, for about 2 hours.
-OR-
Crock Pot Instructions:
I place about 7-8 frozen chicken tenders in the bottom of my crock pot. I follow the sauce recipe, except I reduce the water to 1/4 cup, but I think it would be okay without any at all. Cook on low for 6 hours. I always serve mashed potatoes on the side cause we like to put the extra sauce on them.
~Yum! I made this on Sunday and my mouth is watering just thinking about it again! Definitely one of our favorites.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
AND... I LOVE it in the crock pot! So easy and fast for after church!
ReplyDelete