Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Banana Cookies




I love these cookies. I get sick of making banana bread or banana cake so these are a nice change to use up ripe bananas.

2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 cup butter, kinda soft but not too soft
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 large)
1/2 c chopped walnuts (which I never use cause I never have on hand but I'm sure they would be good!)

Combine dry ingredients. In large mixing bowl, beat butter for 30 secs. Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well. Add dry ingredients with banana alternately, mixing well after each addition. Stir in walnuts. The dough is super soft and sticky. I even went to the store and bought a new cookie dropper just to make these! I err on the small side cause they do spread while baking.

Grease cookie sheets well. (Or use parchment paper) Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. Even if you over bake them a bit, they are still soft and yummy! Remove immediately from cookie sheets and cool on wire rack.

Banana Butter Frosting
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup mashed banana
2 tbsp soft butter
1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix well. Frost cooled cookies. It is a little runny so add more sugar if you'd like.

Super yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment