These seriously are so yummy - you would never know that they are very healthy for you!
Makes 12 muffins (From September Family Circle)
1 2/3 cups buttermilk
2 cups bran cereal (All-Bran)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 3/4 tsps baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
3 TBS canola oil (I used vegetable, what's the difference?)
3/4 cup raisins
Heat oven to 350. Lightly coat muffin tin with non-stick spray. (I just used muffin liners.)
In a large bowl, combine bran cereal with buttermilk. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes or until cereal is softened.
In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and baking soda.
Stir in eggs, brown sugar, syrup, and oil into cereal/buttermilk mixture. Add flour mixture. Stir until just combined. Add raisins. Spoon batter into muffin pan, almost full.
Bake at 350 for 25-30 mins or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool muffin tin on wire rack for 5 minutes. Drizzle with icing. For mini muffins, I baked for 15 minutes.
Maple Icing
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp maple extract
1-2 tsps milk
Combine and add enough milk to make icing easy to drizzle.
Carter and Braden love muffins and usually I just make them the packaged mix from the store. When I saw this recipe, I knew I had to try it. They were a hit! Next time, I will half it. I made the full recipe and got 24 mini muffins and 6 large muffins. And since they are very filling, I had a lot left over. I also made the icing a little thicker so it was more like frosting instead of a runny glaze. We all loved them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yum. I have been looking for a good bran muffing recipe, Ill have to try this! Have you ever had little americas bran muffins?? Oh my they are delish.
ReplyDelete