Monday, September 6, 2010

Peach Vanilla Syrup

Ingredients:
  • 5 cups peaches(pureed)
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 T. lemon juice
  • 2 t. vanilla

Directions: Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add vanilla and stir well. Pour into hot, sterile jars and screw the hot lids and rings on tight.
Process the syrup in a boiling hot water bath for ~15 minutes, to make sure that any bacteria is killed. Start timing when the water comes to a full boil. Set jars out and listen for the pop to ensure they have sealed.

*This is what I will be doing tomorrow with my sister so I will post a picture when we are done! I'm super excited, I think its going to be way yummy!!


**Okay update! We made this and it was so good! The first batch, we forgot to add vanilla, oops! But it still tastes good. In the other batches, we put it in, but you can't really taste it, so if you want a stronger flavor, add more. We doubled it, so 10 cups of pureed peaches, and we got 7 pints out of it. We ended up with about 21 pints when it was all said and done.



2 comments:

  1. Ok Erin how is it that I am just looking at this blog now!?! Ahh I'm so excited for this week so I can try out a bunch of these yummy recipes!!! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DId you make this? Was it good? I want to make some this week!!

    ReplyDelete