Fall is coming and I am getting that urge to deep clean my house and be organized. So many times, I realize its five o'clock and I'm unprepared for dinner, even though I try to plan ahead. I went to Costco and bought a huge bag of chicken and a case of diced tomatoes to make this since it freezes so well. I did 4 breasts and froze it in 2 cup quantities. I ended up with 4 cups and enough extra to have some for dinner. I'm planning on doing another batch tomorrow to freeze again, along with this recipe for basic shredded chicken that my sister shared with me. I hate it so bad when I pull out a recipe that calls for cooked chicken and I'm not prepared for it! I figured this is a good thing to keep in the freezer for those days!
~Simple Shredded Chicken~
3-4 chicken breasts
1 can chicken broth
2 tablespoons McCormick Montreal Seasoning
Place everything in crockpot,
cook on low 8-9 hours
high 4 hours.
Freeze!
(You can use Montreal Steak or Montreal Chicken,
just depends on your preference
or what you have on hand.)
3-4 chicken breasts
1 can chicken broth
2 tablespoons McCormick Montreal Seasoning
Place everything in crockpot,
cook on low 8-9 hours
high 4 hours.
Freeze!
(You can use Montreal Steak or Montreal Chicken,
just depends on your preference
or what you have on hand.)
So many uses for this! Use this recipe instead of buying a rotisserie chicken at the store.
I agree.. having shredded chicken on hand would be great for so many things!
ReplyDelete