Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Easy Stir Fry

I make this twice a week, once with chicken and once with beef.

Red pepper
Orange pepper
Yellow pepper
1-2 Carrots
Little bit of onion
1-2 stalks of Celery
Broccoli
Whole Grain Spaghetti
Chicken or Beef, cut into thin strips
Sauce

Get your noodles going. In large non-stick skillet, cook meat. While that is going, cut up your veggies. I cut a side or section from each pepper and slice it into thin strips. When meat is cooked, remove from skillet and keep warm. Add veggies and just saute a little bit. I usually add just a bit of butter. Add meat back into veggies, pour half the sauce in. During the last 2 mins of cook time for your noodles, add broccoli and sliced carrots. When noodles are done, drain, add meat and veggies and finish off with more sauce. YUM!

This is nice because Carter only eats meat, Braden only eats noodles, and its an easy way to eat "all the colors of the rainbow" and get your veggies in! I buy the big package of stir fry beef when they go on sale at the grocery store and then just freeze them in smaller portions.

We buy our peppers at Costco and those are the colors that come together in a bag, but you could really use whatever you have.

I usually splash in some of the Lawrys Teriyaki marinade with the meat and veggies and then at the end I add House of Tsang Stir Fry Sauce or Kikkoman Teriyaki, the thick one, or whatever I have in the fridge!

2 comments:

  1. YUM~ I will be trying this! We love stuff like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im adding this to my menu and ingredients list as well!! Yummy

    ReplyDelete