I kinda threw these cookies together the other night when I was craving coconut, peanut butter, butterscotch and chocolate chips all in one.
Original Recipe
1/2 c butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips**
Cream butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar together; beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour, oats, baking soda, and salt and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
**I substituted the 1 cup of chocolate chips for 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips and 1/2 cup butterscotch chips. I absolutely love butterscotch and chocolate chip cookies, they are my favorite! I also added in about 1/2 cup of shredded coconut. I don't know why, but I like using mini chocolate chips in cookies better than the regular size.
Also, I am lazy so I line my cookies sheets with parchment paper then I don't have to wash them. :) 10 minutes was about perfect for these cookies.
(The original recipe can be found in Jan's white Taste of Heaven cookbook, page 203.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
mmm sounds like my kind of recipe. lots of sweets :) Ill have to try it!
ReplyDelete