
I listened carefully while at Melting Pot to what they put in their Cheese Fondue, then re-created it at home. SOO good. We love it. Its really good with Rosemary Artisan bread OR homemade bread with a little butter and rosemary then toasted in the oven. Some people like Apples in it (not me). Veggies would be good, crackers, even chips. Use your imagination.
I don't have exact measurments, since this was a Kaeli creation but I'll do my best to estimate.
Cheese Fondue
Using a double boiler - put water in the bottom of course.
In the top pan add (remember these are approximations I NEVER MEASURE when I make this...
1/8- 1/4 cup water
1 tsp chicken boullion
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp worchestershire sauce
a pinch of powdered spicy mustard
cheddar cheese... enough to make a smooth cheesy consistancy, but not too thick. Maybe like 3/4 cup or so, use your best judgement
flour 1/2 Tbs or so- this makes it so the cheese isn't stringy and hard to eat. It took me forever to figure this out!!! But I did it and am very proud haha
Salt and Fresh ground pepper
Stir until mixture resembles cheese fondue.
Taste it and add whatever you think it needs :)
We just eat it out of the pan so it stays warm. Nothing fancy but so good.
*TIP* When done, poor the water from the bottom into the top and let it soak. This will make clean up SOO much easier. If this isn't done the cheese is super hard to get off. Trust me.
MMmm! I love fondue. I don't know if Dallas does though, so that is the perfect excuse to try this! And Braden loves to dip anything so I bet he'll like this too. I wish I had an actual double boiler, but I can just do the old bowl over the pot trick I guess.
ReplyDelete